Types of lessons offered by Charles include:
- ½ hour session – comprises video analysis and session report
- 1 hour session – comprises video analysis and session report
- Trackman session – comprises video analysis and session report
- K-Vest session – comprises video analysis and session report
- Puttlab session – comprises session report
- Course Management/Strategic session (9 or 18 holes) – comprises session report
- Short Game session – comprises video analysis and session report
- Long Game session – comprises video analysis and session report
- Goal Orientated Programs catered to your requirements
In 2013 & 2020, Charles was awarded NSW/ACT PGA Teaching Professional of the Year!
Charles has continued his education in the game and has achieved the following:
- Level 2 Trackman Accreditation
- TPI Certification
- K-Vest Certification
- SAM Puttlab Level 2
In the short period of time coaching, Charles has achieved amazing results with his students.
Once arriving to The Lakes in 2014, Charles achieved a remarkable achievement in one year where students won the following:
- Men’s Club Champion, 2 x 72 Hole Club Champion, A’Reserve Club Champion, Ladies A’ Grade Champion.
- This has continued where over 12 Jean Derrin events were won and a Men’s Vardon Event
- His students results have also included back to back Ladies Club Championship, and Champion of Champion Tournaments, Runner up in the NT Amateur Championship, Match Play stages in the Australian Amateur, NSW Amateur, Victorian Amatuer, Top 5 in the Renee Erickson Championship, 6th at the Dunes Medal, T11th at Riversdale Cup, #1 Major Pennant Player (Female and Male).
Charles has assisted many of his golfers achieve their lowest ever handicap and lowest ever score, some examples include:
- Assisting a player in his 50’s improve from 2 to +1 in 6 months, which got him selected in the Men’s Major Pennant Team along with making the Men’s Club Championship Final.
- Assisting a player in his 50’s improve from 14 to 4 in 12 months, which also gave him the opportunity to play in the Lakes Medal Vardon event.
- Also another player in his 40’s improved from 7 to 1 in 12 months and achieved an appearance in the Semi-Final of the Men’s Club Championship the year after winning the A’ Reserve Championship.
- A player in her 40′s going from 14 to 8 in 12 months along with making the Women’s Major Pennant Team.
- Assisting a player in his 50’s improve from 16 to 9 in 12 months.
- Assisting two young players in their 20’s achieve their lowest event handicap and goal of getting to a +1 handicap
- Assisting a young female golfer shoot -7 and course record at The Lakes.
- Assisting Junior Golfers who have gone on to win US Kids Championships, Represent Australia in UK Kids Tournaments, Win Junior State Age Championships and achieve lowest handicap
- This also included improving one of his female amateur golfer to #7 ranking in Australia along with a handicap of +5.
Charles has appeared at 3 Australian Open’s with Professional, Rohan Blizard who had his best finish in 17th position in 2015. Rohan also went on to win on the PGA China Tour in 2016 along with a runner up finish in the NSW Open in 2015, including a course record -10 under par round. Charles is a mentor to 5 PGA Trainee Professionals within the Australian PGA Program.
Working with all levels of golfers and age groups, Charles runs successful Ladies and Junior Programs encouraging the growth of the game.
Charles has a strong team around him to help you get the most of your game and body. This includes physiotherapists, chiropractors, fitness trainers, strength and conditioning trainers, and a mental coach.
Charles is very passionate about assisting golfers of all levels to achieve the results they seek and understands each person is unique and has a different style of learning. As an effective coach, Charles insists on understanding his students’ strengths and identifying areas for improvement so that he can provide a tailored and successful lesson. This assists each golfer to self-assess and be self-aware when practicing and playing on the course without second guessing themselves. Charles believes good communication between a player and a coach is essential in achieving success.
Charles has strong skill set to help players improve in areas that include:
- Bunker Play
- Course Management
- Mental Game
- Correct Swing Sequences
- Ball Control
Charles will help you with unique goal setting programs to help you stay focused on your progress. If you want to improve your game and maximise your potential, we recommend that you book in for a lesson with Charles Kares.
Let Charles’ passion for the game improve your skill and enjoyment on the course!
As an ambassador for the international brand Mizuno Golf, a testament to his excellence in achieving superior Club Fitting, Charles will ensure you are fitted with the correct setup for your game by employing the brand(s) most suitable to your requirements.
For bookings, please contact Charles on 0402480222.
E-mail: [email protected]
All golfers welcome!